It is important to take the time to read and implement the aftercare instructions for safety and great healing results
- Keep hands washed: do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection
- First 2 days: Wash your face at least 2 times a day with lukewarm water and Organic Soap. NO ointment!
- Day 3 to Day 7 (up to 10 days): Wash your face twice a day with soap, gently apply a light coating of ointment on the procedure area using a clean cotton swab. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely peeled!
- Avoid hot tubs, pools, tanning beds or sunbathe
- Avoid exercising for at least 3 days (prefer 7 days)
- Scabbing that may form will naturally fall off. Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR SCRATCH. Pigment might be removed along with the crusting tissue
- Makeup and lotions: During the healing process, keep all makeup, lotions and exfoliating products away from treated area
- If you experience any swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure, stop using product. You may be allergic to the after care product you are using. Please cleanse the area and call the studio!
- Ice packs or frozen peas protected with a cloth may be applied as necessary to reduce swelling for eyeliner
- If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately
Typical effects in the next 7 days for eyebrows:
- Day 1 – 3: Immediately after the procedure, the eyebrows are approximately about 35-45% darker and 15-25% thicker than you might have expected. Your skin is red under the pigment which causes the color of the pigment to appear darker. This will subside
- Day 4 – 5: Top layer of skin begins to scab and shed off. Scabbing will result in excessive loss of pigment. This is all part of the process. Eyebrows will start to itch and will appear a bit thicker in texture. Natural exfoliation begins, do not exfoliate yourself. Keep moist!
- Day 6 – 7: Color finishes flaking off and appears softer and grayer for 8 weeks until color clarifies. Once healed, the result will, in the most cases, resemble a softly drawn pencil (depending on colors selected)
Typical effects in the next 7 days for eyeliner:
- Day 1: Immediately after the procedure, the eyes will be swollen. The swelling will reduce overnight. Avoid heavy lifting, physical exertion, and crying
- Day 2: Eyes will be less swollen, but feel tight. The lash area will feel sore if touched
- Day 3-5: The top layer of skin will begin to flake off. DO NOT PICK or RUB
- Day 7 – 10: All shedding should be complete. Pigment, if it faded, should have returned.
Thank you for choosing Brow Artistry Studio! Please let your friends know about your New Beautiful Eyebrows!!! Please ask us about Gift Cards!